Benedict XVI ef three units on the roof of 120 set by Pope Paul VI. The bishop of Hong Kong, Joh Tong, 72, will be the only Chinese cardinal elector, and the practice which denies the purple to the head of a diocese whose predecessor is "under 80" has been applied to Nosiglia in Turin but not for Betori in Florence or for Collins in Toronto.
1) Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization, former rector [...]
dell 'Lateran University and former president of the Pontifical Academy for Life. Its absence in the list of new cardinals is all the more surprising as his department is engaged in the Year of Faith just established by Benedict XVI with the Motu Proprio. Sparked public outcry his 'acquittal' Berlusconi for blasphemy "by contextualize."
2) Nosiglia (pictured), archbishop of Turin and vice president of the CEI for North Italy, will not receive the purple. It 'a Ruinian "Doc" in a consistory marked by Bertone. It is not, however, but a rejection of the application of a practice by which expects to accomplish 80 years that each diocese the bishop emeritus of the city. The predecessor of Nosiglia, Severino Poletto of years it celebrates 79 March. It is no secret that for the chair of St. Maximus, Bertone prefer to Ruinian Nosiglia his loyalists as the new cardinals Versaldi and Bertello or "outsiders" such as Jordan and Lambiasi. The match for the Turin has won Ruini, one for the Sacred College Bertone.
3) Contrary to expectations, it will not be a cardinal in the next consistory Maronite Patriarch Bechara Rai of Lebanon. Be comforted getting probably in 2012 the visit of Benedict XVI in the Middle Eastern country. At home he was accused of being too "tame" against Syria. But behind his caution there is the fear of an Islamist drift in Damascus with consequences for the entire region.
1) Archbishop Antonio Maria Veglio, president of the Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Migrants and Itinerant People, and long-time diplomat. After he was secretary of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches became minister of immigration where the long prevailed his prudence than "pickaxe" his deputy Agostino Marchetto, left the stage for conflict with the Vatican Secretariat of State right on all critical 'Italian for "cracking down" anti-illegal
2) In the past two months Giuseppe Betori is dall'agguato in the bishop's purple. An unwritten rule denies the cardinal to the head of a diocese whose predecessor is "under 80". Despite the former archbishop of Florence Ennio Antonelli has 75 years, Betori becomes part of the Sacred College, also by virtue of the service provided as general secretary of the CEI with Ruini.
3) Coccopalmerio Francis, president of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and former auxiliary bishop of Milan. With Benedict XVI 'earned' additional duties. The OK of the Secretary of State on documents curial now joins the "green light" of his ministry. Is overseeing the legal curia machine and the bishops, with the function of interpretation of the laws of the Church.
|& Lt; Prev.||Next. & Gt;|